IHHT®: Interval Hypoxic Hyperoxic Therapy, is cell training to improve energy production and is based on many years of scientific knowledge. In order to stay "fit" throughout life, a person's cell metabolism, above all, must be healthy. IHHT® is a gentle, non-invasive method for regeneration, revitalisation and performance enhancement of the entire organism.
IHHT improves the energy production of the cells in healthy people for more energy and performance. In people with chronic and degenerative diseases it accelerates rehabilitation and cell regeneration.
IHHT is based on the molecular mechanisms of HIF-1-alpha (Hypoxia Inducible Factor). HIF-1-alpha perceive the oxygen content or the existing oxygen concentration in cells and adapt optimally to it. They are of fundamental importance for the functioning of physiological processes in the body and the treatment of various ailments. Incidentally, the Nobel Prize 2019 was awarded for research into these mechanisms.
IHHT® takes place in a relaxed sitting or lying position and lasts about 1 hour. Air with a reduced oxygen content (hypoxia stimulation phase) alternating with oxygen-enriched air (hyperoxia recovery phase) is breathed in through a breathing mask at specific intervals of a few minutes. This process favours cell regeneration, whereby especially the mitochondria, the power plants and fat burning furnaces in our cells, respond positively to these stimuli.
In every chronic disease, the mitochondria are not in optimal condition. If the mitochondria are stimulated to function better (again) through IHHT, this can have a positive influence on various diseases.
IHHT is suitable for
- Various mental illnesses (depression, ADD / ADHD, anxiety and panic attacks, burnout, PTSD etc.)
- (Late) consequences of concussion or traumatic brain injury
- Cognitive problems, memory problems, dementia
- States of exhaustion, listlessness
- Concentration problems
- Sleep disorders
- Headaches, migraines, depressive moods
- degenerative processes
- Respiratory diseases
- Metabolic syndrome
- Diabetes type 2
- Skin diseases
- Wound healing disorders
- Orthopaedic problems
- Chronic diseases
- Tinnitus, hearing loss
In addition, it is used for
- Performance improvement
- Improvement of cell metabolism, stem cells are activated and donate mitochondria to diseased cells;
- Strengthening the immune system
- Improving respiratory performance and lung function and capacity
- Increase physical and mental resilience;
- Increased defence against oxygen radicals, improvement of the antioxidant system, fewer stress hormones;
- Economisation of cardiac work (normalisation of blood pressure, reduction of resting pulse rate)
- Slowing down the ageing process